26th June 2019
Supergirls-Notts Social Network is an infomal group where amazing girls aged 5-18 (and their parents) meet to make new friends. We are the families of wonderful girls with Aspergers Syndrome (ASD), recruiting other families for our South Notts-based Supergirls Social Network for friendship and confidence building. We aim to support our wonderful girls to make new friends, build confidence and realise their potential.
Supergirls was founded in May 2016 by Emma and Katie, the auntie and mother of a Supergirl. They had not found much available for girls with Aspergers, and out of desperation, decided to create something themselves.
Emma and Katie hope to develop Supergirls in collaboration with other parents and professionals out there.
· Parents and families of great girls with Aspergers
· An informal network for like-minded girls and their families
· Excited to welcome other similar families in the Nottingham area
· Open to ideas and suggestions
· Willing to co-ordinate or facilitate local meet-ups and activities
· Currently recruiting members
We are not:
· A charity
· DBS checked
· Experts or professionals
· Funded or paid in any way
We also encourage families of girls who may not yet have a formal diagnosis, but who feel they would be at home in our network.
With lots of future projects on the horizon, this is one group worth watching and getting involved with!
Monthly meet up details:
West Bridgford Young Peoples centre
4th Tuesday of the month
4.15 to 5.45
check the website for further details