Transitions in education

Changing school and preparing to start higher or further education can be challenging. But, there are processes and frameworks in place to help make the change smoother for you. In this section, we have gathered resources and links to organisations who can help you to navigate the change with confidence

Transitioning to Adult Care

Until the age of 18, your care is provided by the Local Authorities' Child Health and Social Care Services. On your 18th birthday, you will move to the care of Adult services. this may seem sudden, but planning for this change should start when you are around 13 years old. In this section, we have collected resources and links to organissations who can help you to make sure your care is not interrupted by the transition.

Back to top

Supporter logos