What do the SEND Reforms mean for you?
In September 2014 the law changed around the way disabled children and young people, and those with special educational needs (SEN), get the support they need.
Now, you have more say over what support and services are offered in your local area, and more help is available for you as you prepare for adulthood.
Some of the biggest changes include:
- a bigger focus on your aspirations for the future and the support you will need to achieve your goals
- Education, Health and Care Plans have replaced statements of special educational needs and Learning Difficulty Assessments
- your local authority asking children and young people about the services it is offering
- you being more involved in making decisions about how you are supported
- having more information, advice and support to understand your options as you move into adulthood.
Take our survey and let us know how we can improve our content for young people
Back to top
© Copyright Ask Us Nottinghamshire 2023. All Rights Reserved. Registered in England and Wales. Company No: 4172770.
AskUs Nottinghamshire’s Response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Situation
Read our response