This website uses Cookies you can control them from this page: Cookies Page

Functionality Cookies Performance Cookies Targeting Cookies

When you attend university, you take out a student loan to help you pay for your course and accommodation. This loan must be paid back once you start earning enough money. 


However, you may also be able to claim Disability Student Allowances (DSAs), which do not have to be paid back. 


In order to be paid DSA, you will have to go to a meeting where your needs and abilities will be assessed to see if you are in need of the allowance.


To find out more about the Disability Student Allowences, visit the government website.


When you apply, it can take up to three months for your allowance to be arranged - so it is better to apply early and not leave it until the week before you start university!

Take our survey and let us know how we can improve our content for young people

Back to top

Supporter logos

AskUs Nottinghamshire’s Response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Situation

Read our response