The Children’s Disability Register is a database of children and young people with disabilities up to the age of 25 who live in Nottingham or Nottinghamshire, or who have their home base here.
Registration is entirely voluntary. If you join the Register, you may choose to have the IRIS Magazine delivered to you by post or email. It includes details of local events and activities for children and young people with disabilities.
Please remember, you can ask for a copy of the information that is held about your child(ren) and/or ask for them to be removed at any time.
Things to bear in mind:
- To be on the register a child or young person must have a permanent and substantial disability as a result of either a disability, a permanent health condition or a long-term illness or be seeking a diagnosis.
- The child or young person must be under 25 and live in Nottingham or Nottinghamshire.
- Anyone with parental responsibility can complete this form for a child or young person aged 16 or under.
- Young people who are over 16 can complete their own form.
- There are four sections to the form. The more information you provide the better, but if there are questions that don’t apply to you or your child then just leave them blank.
- If you need advice or assistance in filling in the form please call Ask Us on 0800 121 7772.
- If you have two or more children with a disability then you will need to complete a registration form for each child
If you are a Nottingham City resident, your can add your child to the Children's Disability Register here
If you are a Nottinghamshire County resident, you can add your child to the Children's Disability Register here
Back to top