This website uses Cookies you can control them from this page: Cookies Page

Functionality Cookies Performance Cookies Targeting Cookies

The Children’s Disability Register is a secure database of children and young people with disabilities up to the age of 25 who live in Nottingham or Nottinghamshire, or who have their home base here. The Children Act 1989 requires all local authorities to maintain a register of disabled children.  The information that you provide is then used by the authority to plan, monitor and develop appropriate facilities and services for disabled children and their families.

Registration is entirely voluntary, but this is a useful opportunity for you to let the authority know about your needs and the services that would be of use to you.  If you join the Register, you may choose to have the IRIS Magazine delivered to you by post or email. It includes details of local events and activities for children and young people with disabilities.

Please remember, you can ask for a copy of the information that is held about your child(ren) and/or ask for them to be removed at any time.

Things to bear in mind:

  • To be on the register a child or young person must have a permanent and substantial disability as a result of either a disability, a permanent health condition or a long-term illness or be seeking a diagnosis.
  • The child or young person must be under 25 and live in Nottingham or Nottinghamshire.
  • Anyone with parental responsibility can complete this form for a child or young person aged 16 or under.
  • Young people who are over 16 can complete their own form.
  • There are four sections to the form. The more information you provide the better, but if there are questions that don’t apply to you or your child then just leave them blank.
  • If you need advice or assistance in filling in the form please call Ask Us on 0800 121 7772.
  • If you have two or more children with a disability then you will need to complete a registration form for each child


If you are a Nottingham City resident, your can add your child to the Nottingham City Children's Disability Register here

If you are a Nottinghamshire County resident, you can add your child to the Nottinghamshire County Children's Disability Register here

Back to top

Supporter logos

AskUs Nottinghamshire’s Response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Situation

Read our response